The US-Israel Binational Agricultural Research and Development Fund
BARD projects, conducted cooperatively by American and Israeli scientists, cover all phases of agricultural research and development, including integrated projects and strategic or applied research. Cooperative research entails active collaboration between Israeli and American scientists. The following research areas were identified by the Board of Directors as top priorities for the coming years:
- Increased Efficiency of Agricultural Production
- Protection of Plants and Animals Against Biotic and Abiotic Stress
- Food Quality, Safety and Security
- Water Quality & Quantity
- Functional Genomics and Proteomics
- Sensors and Robotics
- Sustainable Bio-Energy Systems
Award duration: 3 years. One year feasibility studies are also funded.
Maximum award: $310,000 for a 3-year grant.
Submission Date: September 16, 2019
Online Submission begins: August 15, 2019